"Where the mountains roll down to the sea."
The High Cross is prominently situated on the outskirts of the small
market town of Broughton-in-Furness with impressive views of the
Cumbrian fells all the way to the sea.
The High Cross is an ideal destination whatever the purpose of your
visit, offering everything that you would expect of a traditional
Lakeland inn & much more:
* Enjoy home cooked food; friendly conversation; and real ale all year
* Relax and take in the various views from any of the seven guest
* Treat yourself to a meal, in the comfortable restaurant or
* Look out for regular events that include live music, quizzes and
* Make the most of some or all of the facilities for private functions,
special occasions, meetings, training courses or conferences.
* Use us as a base to explore what the Lake District has to offer:
amble around Ambleside, cruise on Coniston Water, explore Eskdale
Valley, discover Hawkshead's history and heritage, walk in Wasdale, or
wander in Windermere.